Business travel can make staying on a workout program very challenging, especially if you travel to remote locations where none of the hotels have a fitness center or access to local gyms. Regardless of whether or not the hotel has a fitness center, I always bring my own gym in a bag. It allows me to add a little more variety to my workout and it gives me the convenience of turning my hotel room into a fitness center.
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. It’s better to do what you can to maintain your current workout routine than to do nothing and wait until you get back from your trip. I recommend you layout your workout clothing in the bathroom, next to your smartphone/alarm clock; get-up a half hour early, drink some coffee or tea than squeeze in a quick workout. Warm-up 5-minutes, perform 15 minutes of strength training in a circuit, and then finish off with 10 minutes of interval cardio. My go to cardio workout is alternating shadow boxing with jumping rope using an interval timer; 45-second bouts followed by a 15 second recovery. Did you know a 10 minute interval workout can be as effective as 50-minutes of steady state cardio? A 2016 study found that three weekly 10-minute HIIT sessions consisting of three 20-second sprints within the 10-minute HIIT workout, produced comparable health benefits to three weekly 50-minute steady state workouts.
I always travel with the following items in my suitcase:
- Wireless Headphones (I leave this inexpensive pair in my carry on as a back-up)
- Lifeline Power Up Chin-Up
- Jump Rope
- Resistance Bands
- Sports Watch or Heartrate Monitor
- Boxing Timer app (downloaded on my smartphone)
- Running Shoes (I usually wear them on travel days)
- Workout Clothing
Another item to consider is:
The simplest exercises you can perform in your hotel room for each body part are:
- Legs: One-legged squats and lunges.
- Chest: Dips between furniture, push-ups (feet elevated or using the resistance. bands across your shoulders).
- Back: Pull-ups using the Lifeline Power Up Straps.
- Shoulders: Jack-knife push-ups.
- Triceps: close-grip push-ups or resistant band triceps extensions.
- Biceps: resistant band curls.
Remember to, “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
Discipline pushes us, motivation pulls us, but intentional habits keep us moving towards our goals. Change your habits, change your life!
Best wishes and Best Health!
Are you ready to reboot and reset your relationship with food and exercise? Most programs focus on the mechanics of weight loss, but fail to adequately address the psychology of change required. Most people know more than enough about nutrition and exercise to lose weight, but fail to take action. This book takes a new approach to getting leaner, fitter, and stronger.
Follow us on Facebook
The book contains:
- 7 Change Strategies for Adopting a Healthy Lifestyle
- A Flexible Diet Program that Doesn’t Put Any Foods Off-limit, including Alcohol
- 20-Week Workout Log with Progress Assessments (Downloadable PDF)
- 3 Strategies for Resetting your Body Weight Set point to Keep the Weight Off
- A Nutrition and Training Program Based on Science, not Bro Science.
The Fat Loss Habit: Creating Routines that Make Willpower and Fat Loss Automatic takes a new approach to getting leaner, fitter, and stronger. The program uses high-impact change strategies that make the process of adopting a healthy lifestyle easier. The nutrition and workout program, like the change techniques have all been proven effective, and are all backed by research and scientific studies.
Our BOOK The Fat Loss Habit is NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!!! We would greatly appreciate a brief REVIEW. Your feedback is our best marketing tool and it will help us to make a better product. Your review will help other people who want to make a positive change by helping them to find our book.
Follow us on Facebook
#FatLoss #WeightLoss #NewYearsResolution #GetHealthy #HealthyLife #Fitness #FitnessAddict #Nutrition #FitQuote #GetFit #NoExcuses #TrainHard #GetStrong #WeightTraining #Workout #Motivation #Positive #Inspiration #Habit #Happiness #YouCanDoIt #Success #BodyTransformation #FitGirl #FitMom #FitFam #FitCouple